Your telemedicine visit will take place with the use of your smartphone or computer.
Option 1: Setting up PocketPatient on your Smartphone (Preferred)
Dermatology at Midtowne is using the PocketPatient app for telemedicine visits. The PocketPatient app is a virtual extension of your patient portal and can host a secure video visit with your provider.
You will need an email and mobile number to get set up. Please note for families: each patient must use a unique email address with a unique username and password.
You will receive an email titled “Welcome to Your New Telemedicine Service” with instructions on how to download and log into the PocketPatient app. Detailed steps for setting up your PocketPatient app are outlined below:
- iPhone users should be using iOS13 and Android users should be using v7.
- Download PocketPatient from the App Store.
- When you open the app for the first time, be sure to Allow Push Notifications from the app for updates and alerts about your appointments.
- To log in for the first time, use the same information you used for your Patient Portal: enter midtownederm.ema.md as the Practice URL, your username, and your password.
To provide the best video quality possible, please:
- Make sure your phone is charged.
- Use the front-facing camera (not the “selfie camera”) to show us your specific skin concerns with the flashlight feature turned on.
- We recommend having a family member assist you in positioning the camera.
Option 2 for Computer Users: Preparing your Patient Portal
You can access the portal here: https//midtownederm.ema.md/ema/PatientLogin.action
If you regularly use your Patient Portal you may disregard the following instructions.
You will receive an automated email titled “Welcome to Your Dermatology at MidTowne Patient Portal.”
- The email will contain your username and the Practice URL, midtownederm.ema.md. Follow the instructions in the email to activate your portal.
- The patient portal is best used on a desktop or laptop.
- Please use Chrome or Firefox, not Safari, for your telemedicine visit.
We are able to reset your password and username if you are having difficulties logging in. Please call us at 616-248-8864 from 7:30am to 4pm Monday-Thursday or 8am to 3pm on Fridays for assistance.
At the time of your appointment:
You will receive an email, text message, and Push Notification that it is time to join your video visit.
Log in to the app, stay on the home Visits screen, and a bright blue bar called "Join Video Visit" will appear on the Visits screen. This option will only appear once the provider has initiated the call. If you do not see the bar, refresh the screen or log out of the app and log back in.